- If you ever needed to access/manipulate an S3 bucket, originally provided by AWS or just any provider with a compatible interface, there is a neat solution called s3fs, thanks to FUSE infrastructure, that simplifies things down to the level of your local file system interaction.
- The need to go from binary to HEX, or vice versa, occasionally happens. Let's see what's the tool to the rescue when it comes to do things in the shell.
- You may face a situation where defining wrapper exceptions seems like a clean approach toward encapsulation. Usually that is not the case and you'd better of without these creatures.
- Having VS Code in browser is a priceless feature for those who miss it while working with their mobile phones or tablets. Although there are viable third-party services, but now the official version goes public.
- When handling exceptions, or raising them, we are prone to forgetting a perpetual danger.
- Found a good idea for a VS Code (or any other IDE/editor) extension.
- Developing large projects on weakly-type languages like Python can lead to type incompatibility disaster, unless you go for a solution.
- Enable Vim shortcuts for IPython and take the most out of your Python REPL.
- Good news! You can browse the web just how you do things with Vim.
- Hard coded values are tiny, wicked creatures. They wait, sometimes for years, to spot the right moment and bring you down.
- There are times when you just need to perform string manipulation (e.g., string replace) via the shell, and it's not that uncommon, if you think that way.
- Are you tired of hearing words like "design patterns are overrated" or "things get complicated that way" too?
- How scope variables are bound to closures could sometimes seems a little
tricky; however it's us humans that overlook some vital points.
- Feature flags are of those little creatures that could bring a huge benefit to your side.
- Vim and VS Code are both great super text editors with their unique
features. Although the superb keyboard shortcuts of Vim are missing in VS
Code, but it's still possible to have basic of them working there using this
new VS Code extension.
- Vim and VSCode are both great text editors with their unique features. Although Vim's superb keyboard shortcuts are missing in VSCode, it's still possible to have Vim shortcuts in VS Code. This is how to enable VSCode Vim shortcuts.
- Using emoji (aka, emoticon or smiley) in git commit messages helps conveying your intentions in a more terse and effective way. I'm madly in love with emojis. These cute little digital beings not only help convey your emotions in chats, but do carry weights of meanings which, when faced, we all would easy grasp in a split second. Here, I'll explore various emojis, by context, to help you save your time finding the best git commit emoji. messages.